2. In the “Software and Services” section, click on “Softaculous” Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen you should locate the “Forums” category. Click on it and then click on the “Phorum” link that will appear.
5. Click on the “Install” button.
6. Fill the necessary field under the “Software Setup” field:
- Choose Domain: If you don’t have multiple domains, leave this as it is.
- In Directory: If you want to install this in a directory, for example example.com/forum, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave this blank to install in your main domain example.com
- Database Name: You can leave this as it is.
7. Enter the following details under the “Site Settings” field:
- Site Name: Name of your Forum like “Your Domain Name – My Forum Name”
- Site Description: Site Description.
- Table Prefix: Leave this as it is.
8. Under the “Admin Account” field enter the following information:
- Admin Username: Your new Phorum username (for security reason do not use the “Administrator” or the “Admin” username.)
- Admin Password: Use a strong password.
- Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad because you will need these login details to access the admin area of your Phorum Forum.
Finally, scroll down to the end of page and click on the Install Button.